10 Things to do on Star Wars Day
May the fourth be with you! Today is Star Wars Day, and there are so many things that Star Wars fans can do in order to celebrate one of the greatest franchises of all time. Having trouble figuring out how to start? Here are ten fun things to do to welcome the Force into your day.
- Watch the Star Wars Saga. It seems like a no-brainer. Tradition is one of the most important traits of the Star Wars franchise. What better way is there to dive into the galaxy than to watch the story unfold again?
- Check your YouTube notifications. Chances are if you’re a Star Wars fan, you’re already subscribed to some channels that are bound to put up some entertaining Star Wars videos today. From theories to reviews, it’s always great to hear some professional fans talk about the saga. If you don’t know where to start, check out ‘HelloGreedo’ on YouTube (viewer descretion is advised).
- Make “Blue Milk!” Don’t you wish you had some sort of way to eat or drink something from Star Wars the way other franchises do? Sadly, Star Wars does not have many items that look appealing to the stomach, especially after visiting Jabba’s Palace in Return of the Jedi. However, if you go all the way back to the Tatooine Homestead from 1977, you can see Aunt Beru serving some Blue Milk. On your way home, stop buy a grocery store and find some blue food coloring, vanilla ice cream, and a carton of milk. When you arrive home, insert the ingredients (in any amount that pleases you) inside a blender, and enjoy the same milk Luke Skywalker drank.
- Tell other fans “may the fourth be with you.” Star Wars fans are made up of so many people, and there’s likely close to no happier feeling for a fan than to make this day more eventful. Wish other luminous beings around you a great day!
- Have a lightsaber fight with a younger fan. Come on, don’t pretend it won’t be fun. This is a great way to feel the Force on Star Wars Day. If you have a lightsaber fight with a younger sibling, friend, or cousin, it would mean you gave them the honor to show you their most impressive skills.
- Play Star Wars: Battlefront if you have it! Do you have the Star Wars: Battlefront video game that came out in 2015? Well, last year the developers made sure to give dedicated fans their due, and there could be another surprise today. Even if they don’t give reveal anything new, it’ll be fun to dive into the immersive battles between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire on a day like this.
- Teach others about Star Wars! One of the greatest feelings to experience as a Star Wars fan is handing the lightsaber down to the next generation. It’s not every day someone gets to experience Star Wars for the first time, and to this new fan it will be a day long remembered.
- Listen to Star Wars music! John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra are one of the most talented groups that perform music. If you get a big load of homework and you haven’t been able to cover your squadron, get into the ambience by listening to some Star Wars music as you do some busy work at your work station.
- Make social media posts wishing others a happy day! Although this is similar to the fourth thing to do on the list, it’s good for other fans to know what day this is. Although they’ll probably find out sooner or later, it’s good for others to know where you stand. If you love Star Wars as much as you boast, you ought to do well. Just don’t get cocky, kid.
- Reminisce on old Star Wars memories. The more you do today, the more you’ll remember the days gone before you. Whether it be feeling the nostalgia as you look at your Kenner collectibles, or feeling the nostalgia as you dawn your Millenium Falcon shirt, you’ll be bound to have a conversation with someone about that time you did that thing in a galaxy far, far away….